Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hurt foot not sure whether to see a Dr

(12 Posts)
Megbeth Wed 12-Feb-14 13:47:34

A week ago I ran out of the bathroom & my last 2 toes got stuck in the door frame & I fell forward out through the door. Immediately my foot swelled & bruised. I have quite a high pain threshold so have just thought I'd bruised it & put up with it. It seems to be getting worse. I'm not sure whether to bother the Dr. It feels like it's the ligament. I don't think I've broken the toe but I do suffer from osteoporosis. If I have a fracture then I am eligible for reduced prescriptions for meds but I can't take the meds due to bad side effects. I don't know if I should just give it time but if it is fractured I don't think they can do anything anyway. I could try for a 5 min appt in the morning but it doesn't look as bad as it was but just hurts more when walking.

glorious Wed 12-Feb-14 18:31:06

Goodness I'm no expert but I'd go. I've heard it is a myth that they don't do anything for broken toes so there may be something other than drugs that will help like splinting?

Poor you.

glorious Wed 12-Feb-14 18:31:40

Or possibly physio if the ligament

Megbeth Thu 13-Feb-14 14:58:09

Thanks. I went to the Drs today & got x rayed. It is fractured. It actually hurts really badly today. The nurse has just strapped the toes together but it really hurts when I walk. I am sitting with an ice pack on it.

glorious Thu 13-Feb-14 16:14:32

Oh no I'm sorry thanks I suppose at least you know now and they can presumably tell it will heal ok?

Megbeth Fri 14-Feb-14 09:14:45

Thanks Glorious.
It still hurts quite bad today. It should heal in a few weeks just by strapping up.

glorious Fri 14-Feb-14 10:31:34

That's something. Hope you're getting lots of tlc and cake

Megbeth Sun 16-Feb-14 01:54:32

Thanks glorious. My 8 year had been bringing me breakfast in bed which is sweet.

glorious Tue 18-Feb-14 22:47:33

Bless, you've got a good un there smile Is your foot improving?

Megbeth Wed 19-Feb-14 09:39:45

It's a little better but hurts in shoes. The strapping is bulky & squashed my toe. At home I walk in bare foot but I have caught my toe a few times & it hurts through the padding but it feels like it's improving.

glorious Wed 19-Feb-14 20:22:47

Sounds really sore sad But glad it's improving.

Megbeth Fri 21-Feb-14 08:13:33

Thanks Glorious. It's a little better today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now