Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods close together and bloating

(1 Post)
Used2bthin Tue 11-Feb-14 21:40:19

Two things which could be related or it could be coincidence? I have started taking citalopram and the bloating seems to be worse /noticeable since then and a quick google shows it can cause this but usually with heartburn etc too which isn't such a problem to me.

I look pregnant and its really uncomfortable.

In January I had two periods, one on the 1st then the next on the 21st, I used to have a 21 day cycle but it feels like I am spending so much time on the lead up to a period, feeling irritable, bloated etc and am wondering if that's what this recent bloating is, so presumably am about to have another period.

I will chat with my GP but just wondered if anyone knows how normal it is to have such a fast (seems to be speeding up!) cycle and whether its maybe an age thing? Or advice on bloating when there are no other symptoms to relieve ? Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now