Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is everyone poorly at the moment?

(13 Posts)
ElBombero Tue 11-Feb-14 20:33:30

Been weeks and weeks in this house. Friends a school teacher n she said there were 70+ children off sick last week. Lurgy everywhere up north hmm

HoneyDragon Tue 11-Feb-14 20:36:47

Two illin' dc here, have malingerer for weeks and just flagged again, both have temps.

ElBombero Tue 11-Feb-14 20:46:42

All seems to be chest up here, everyone's had a cough for about a month, infected sputum, with varying peaks in temp about a day a week. Rubbish. My turn today, killer as I'm on the boot camp and all I want is comfort food hmmhmmhmm

HoneyDragon Tue 11-Feb-14 20:52:34

Yup, cough cough cough cough.

Bunbaker Tue 11-Feb-14 23:30:29

I am surround by people at work with this bug. My immediate boss is off with it at the moment.

birthdaypanic Tue 11-Feb-14 23:38:05

Here too, I have been off work this week, last week most days had 4/5 children off in the class. Dgs came home from school complaining of not feeling well and as we watched spots started to appear all over his face then began to fade then appeared on body. Dd phoned GP who wanted to see him it is all related to this virus that is doing the rounds GP gave it a fancy name I can't remember said dgs was one of the worse cases he had seen (not serious illness) because as you watch the rash will appear then disappear then come back. Apparently the rash is not contagious but the virus is but GP said no need to keep him off school wyf?

emmelinelucas Tue 11-Feb-14 23:40:00

My poor DH has been ill for a month. Hacking cough, wheezy and alarming temperature spikes.
He is on steroids and antibiotics, for the second time. It interferes with the warfarin that he has to take and so has to have his bloods checked twice a week.
I had the bug this time last year, but am ok so far.
We are oop North and its terrible. Everyone seems to be ill (except me).
Our library had to close early because staff were ill and there was noone to cover.

ElBombero Wed 12-Feb-14 08:50:30

Think it's worth going docs? Hate going but if it needs antibiotics.... Don't usually bother for colds but I feel so crap. TMI but my sputum is like army green

Rooners Wed 12-Feb-14 09:04:45

Apparently so, but we're not, I think that's cos we had a month of it in Jan.

Btw green is viral, yellow is antibiotics smile apparently

Madmog Wed 12-Feb-14 10:34:12

Heard of no one been ill in January and then suddenly last weeks quite a few had bad colds or tummy bugs. Daughter had a cold which she got her quite quickly, I have one now - cold itself isn't too bad but I feel really tired and then achey later in day.

Musicaltheatremum Wed 12-Feb-14 21:40:49

Bugs all a bit later this year. We had v little in December but increasing now. Even I have had a cough. Almost unheard of.

Buggedoff Thu 13-Feb-14 16:22:16

Bug for me, dd1 and dh. Dh has been off work all week, and has just got ab's for a chest infection. He said the waiting room was full of people looking like they needed to be in hospital.

sighbynight Thu 13-Feb-14 16:31:02

I got a fluey cold two weeks ago, and I'm only now feeling human. And I'm still hacking, coughing and falling asleep in the unexpected manner of a narcoleptic.

Being the sharing sort, I gave it to my DH and two out of four DCs. The young teen sons who escaped live in such feculence that their immune systems are unstoppable.

Also in the North.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now