Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stopping Dianette HELP!

(3 Posts)
alizeeod Tue 11-Feb-14 17:55:02

I'm 27, new to Mumsnet and I want a baby!
However I need advice on stopping birth control.
I asked my GP but his answers were vague and he's male so I'd rather hear from women who are/have been in a similar situation.
I started getting acne out of the blue age 26 after drastic weight loss/amenorrhea, clearly a hormonal imbalance. I was tested for PCOS but came back negative, phew!
After using topicals and antibiotics unsuccessfully for months I was put on Dianette.
I've been on it for 5 months now. It's helped considerably with oily skin and acne.
My question is this: will my acne come back once I stop it? What are your experiences? Is there a natural and pregnancy-friendly alternative?
I really want to TTC but terrified of acne coming back as it affected me a lot emotionally.
Thank you thanks

Itsokaytobeshy Tue 11-Feb-14 21:43:38

I took Dianette for about a year in my late 20s. Like you i suddenly developed acne. I had no problems when I stopped taking it. My skin stayed clear. Hope you experience the same!

holidayseeker Tue 11-Feb-14 22:20:49

I was on dianette for several years, when I stopped taking it my spots did return but not as bad as they were prior to taking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now