Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

calcific tendonitis of the shoulder

(3 Posts)
wintertimeisfun Tue 11-Feb-14 17:11:31

anyone else have this? saw surgeon today who is going to give me a scan/steroid injection but will operate if it doesn't work. don't really want an op' especially as i won't be able to work/drive etc

TheFuzz Wed 12-Feb-14 09:39:34

Recovery is quite quick from the operation. You'd be off about a month, and I'd lay off driving for a few weeks.

All depends upon what they do in there. I've had mine decompressed and ligaments trimmed. You've got to get out of the sling as soon as the nerve block wears off and use your arm and shoulder if you want movement back.

Try the injection first, though.

wintertimeisfun Wed 12-Feb-14 12:11:01

thanks fuzz, i will (try injection first). not good if i can't drive/work for more than a few weeks, it will drive me nuts. i don't like going under though (general instead of local) although i think i would have to have a general as he said something about trimming my bone...don't fancy being awake for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now