Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Talk to me about methane gas?

(2 Posts)
redoctober Tue 11-Feb-14 13:39:46

I'm looking for some information in the effects of methane gas on health. We have been told by the council that we have a build up of it under our garden, but not to tell anyone whilst they take samples to fine out what the levels are. If they are high they will then start to take samples from inside the house. My daughter is always sick. Wakes during the night vomiting. Ihad her at the doctors today after another episode last night. Doctor has referred her to the hospital as she is on general good health.

denialandpanic Tue 11-Feb-14 14:23:27

You can ask your councils contaminated land officer these questions.I would be surprised if they asked you to keep it a secret? Do you live near a landfill? There are no established human health effects from methane. The main identified risk is the risk of creating explosive atmospheres in confined spaces. This is also relatively rare but testing would be provided as a precaution. Seriously if you are concerned you need to go back to the council and get reassured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now