Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constantly tired and could easily sleep anywhere

(13 Posts)
Magix Tue 11-Feb-14 11:38:44

I used to be up bright every morning and couldn't nap during the day . Now I am constantly tired . I never ever feel energetic and I could quite easily lie down anytime anywhere and sleep .

I have a 15mo who can wake during the night but sleeps well generally . Even if he has had a night of sound sleep I am still completely shattered the next day - sometimes even more !

Everyday I feel like I've not woken up properly and I'm quite slow and day-dreamy .

I am overweight and knew that was a factor . For the past 6 weeks or so I've been working out every day . It's not helped one bit I'm still shattered and not lost any weight sad

I have had my thyroid and such checked years ago when I first put all my weight on but that was clear (this was about 4 years ago though)

glorious Tue 11-Feb-14 11:50:34

Not an expert but have you had your iron checked? Low iron can make you feel absolutely exhausted.

GingerMaman Tue 11-Feb-14 12:18:45

I would second that, get your iron levels checked.

GingerMaman Tue 11-Feb-14 12:19:09

And vitamin D levels

newestbridearound Tue 11-Feb-14 12:36:22

Get a full set of blood tests for vitamin levels, iron, coeliac disease, thyroid problems. Hopefully something will flash up and be fixable.

Bunbaker Tue 11-Feb-14 20:16:57

Are you thirsty and weeing a lot?

Magix Tue 11-Feb-14 20:32:31

I've always wee'd myself a lot blush and I am always thirsty . If your thinking of diabetes I was tested for that when I was a child but I don't have it . I'm just a particularly thirsty person which makes me then wee a lot . And afaik weight loss is associated with that . And I definitely don't have that problem gringrin

Thanks though smile

vitaminC Tue 11-Feb-14 20:33:40

I had similar levels of fatigue for over a year! Turned out to be a severe vitamin D deficiency!

pixiegumboot Tue 11-Feb-14 20:36:21

How much vit d should one take in a day if you have a deficiency?

Magix Tue 11-Feb-14 20:36:36

Think I will pop in to my gp . I'm a bit annoyed that I've dramatically changed my diet and started working out yet I've not lose one oz of weight so I want to rant speak to gp about that anyway .

CandyKate Tue 11-Feb-14 20:43:04

Have you thought about cutting out gluten for a while? Gluten intolerance can make you very very tired, and able to fall asleep anywhere in about 2 seconds.

Bunbaker Tue 11-Feb-14 21:44:24

People can develop diabetes. Just because you tested negative as a child might not mean you test negative now. It is always a good idea to rule it out though.

vitaminC Tue 11-Feb-14 22:05:55

pixie I have to take a little tube monthly, not daily, but the effects are noticeable within a few hours! And if I miss a dose by a couple of days, I start to feel the effects fairly quickly, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now