Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dye in my eyes??

(4 Posts)
MummyJemz Mon 10-Feb-14 22:43:38

I have an extended appointment with my gp on Thursday for a 'neurological examination' but not sure what this entails!? He has told me to bring someone with me as he will be putting dye in my eyes and I'm not allowed to drive for 3-4 hours afterwards. Not sure what to expect, will I be able to see when the dye is in?? Has anyone had this type of test before?

Bunbaker Mon 10-Feb-14 22:47:56

I have had the yellow dye that opticians use loads of times. It sounds like they will be giving you eye drops to dilate your pupils artificially. Once they are fully dilated it is difficult to focus, so that will be why you need someone with you and you can't drive. Take a pair of sunglasses as well because the light is unbearably bright afterwards because your pupils will take a few hours to return to normal.

MummyJemz Mon 10-Feb-14 22:57:33

Thank you Bunbaker, thats made me feel better! Now where have my sunglasses been hiding since summer...

Lauren83 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:37:26

I too have had the dye, I didn't get any sensitivity after but everything was a bit blurry only for ten min, I had damage to corneas and tears on them so the dye helped show it up, had to have it every week for a few months, couldn't wear my lenses for 24 hours but that was it. Its a bit lie eye drops soaked into a little strip of paper, they touch your eye with it to transfer the dye over

Good luck! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now