Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have spent all day at the hospital and feel awful

(3 Posts)
ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Mon 10-Feb-14 19:02:53

Woke at 3 with a stabbing pain to the right of my left breast. I couldn't breathe properly so I used my inhaler. I saw a pharmacist who sent me to a doctor who sent me to A & E as my symptoms were pointing to a heart attack and eventually I saw a doctor who ordered blood tests and an ECG. Everything came back fine and the doctor thinks it was a bad asthma attack brought on my stress. Another doctor said it could be a warning. I have had asthma for years and never knew a bad attack could present like a heart attack.

I am shattered and sore as my chest still hurts, I still can't breathe properly, have a head ache and still have pain.

minmooch Mon 10-Feb-14 20:19:55

No advice but that sounds pretty scary. Look after yourself and go back to A&E if your symptoms worsen.

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Tue 11-Feb-14 09:20:14

Thank you.

I am exhausted so plan on doing very little today other than the essentials. DH took the kids to school but I will have to pick them up.

It scared me to be honest and I am still scared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now