Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long did you have off work after a laparotomy?

(2 Posts)
DipDabDabDip Mon 10-Feb-14 19:00:36

I had a laparotomy operation 2 weeks ago (basically a c-section cut) the doctor was umming and ahhing about extending my fit note. The hospital told me it would be a 6 week recovery and that I couldn't lift or drive for 6 weeks.

I have an office job where I'm basically sat for 8 hours a day. I have to wear compression stockings for 6 weeks and have been told I need to keep moving to prevent blood clots.

Is 6 weeks a long time to recover from this type of operation? I just don't understand why my doctor was hesitating.

Meganlillymai Tue 11-Feb-14 10:06:22

No I had a c sec and I was bed bound for 3 days. After that I only got up to pee or make food. After 4 weeks up feel 100 percent but your insides won't be 100 percent for up to a year!! Go back to work in 4 weeks but keep your legs moving under desk and try n walk round office every hour but slowly !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now