Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just getting old or need a GP visit? Various ailments

(7 Posts)
TooMuchInMyHead Mon 10-Feb-14 16:49:51

Just a bit of mind easing would be nice..

I've been suffering from headaches for a few years now, some last up to 8 weeks. Although majority seem more hormonal. I've now got tinnitus in my right ear (not been to GP, so self dx).
Facial pain which thought was sinus but CT clear and GP thinks might be migraine associated with headaches.
Both arms when bent reading or in certain position get pins and needles from the elbow down. No loss of strength as far as I can tell. Sciatica/lower back issue and leg (referred on that one)
Periods heavy, changing at least every 1-2hrs on first two days then very light after.
Suffer piles - hormonal I think
Suffer urge incontinence at times where I need to go and can't stop a leak

I'm falling apart and in need of advice. I've been dealing with most of this alone. GP knows about back and headaches but nothing else. although arms thing started a few years back and at time said it was nothing but haven't seen since. Should I take a full list in and discuss it (feel like a right plum) or is this just a load of separate issues and part of growing old?

TooMuchInMyHead Mon 10-Feb-14 16:54:16

By the way, I'm still in my thirties...

JanuaryShoes Mon 10-Feb-14 16:58:00

I could have written this last year! Have you had blood tests? It could be iron-deficiency anaemia (as it was with me).

Headaches, tingly fingers, tinnitus - they were my symptoms. Had a course of iron tablets and it sorted it out. See your GP.

Good luck!

RockinD Mon 10-Feb-14 17:16:39

I would say it is not usual to have headaches lasting up to eight weeks or indeed most of your other symptoms. I'm nearly twice your age and I don't have (and have never had) these.

Go back and see your GP and ask him to run a full blood work up as a starter.

AMumInScotland Mon 10-Feb-14 17:21:46

If I was suffering from that lot, I'd be making a double appointment with the GP to talk through the list and get sent for whatever tests are available. I'm mid 40s, and don't think any of it sounds like 'just your age'

BackforGood Mon 10-Feb-14 17:33:47

Agree with others - none of those sound 'usual' for a spring chicken in their 30s - write them all down, and get yourself off to your GPs.

TooMuchInMyHead Mon 10-Feb-14 18:55:21

Thanks for the replies. The first one about aneamia gave a slight relief as I've read similar re heavier periods and tinnitus which all coincides so makes sense. The tingling has been going on for a lot longer but I initially put that down to a new mattress, obv that was a good few years ago now so I'm not sure it would continue. I suppose it all worries me that there is so much, over time, that hasn't stopped but just appears to be adding to the load.

Tbh, I feel like a hypochondriac every time I go to the GP with a problem. I don't go with nothing, but even so I feel stupid and as if I'm wasting his time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now