Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reasons for exhaustion

(7 Posts)
Coffeemonster1 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:08:40

I have already had bloods taken for iron levels, thyroid and glandular fever which all came back ok. Also had an ECG and blood pressure done as I get dizzy. I feel so tired all the time. Not just a bit sleepy but exhausted, I struggle to get up every morning no matter how much sleep I get. My whole day is spent as if I'm in a day dream and not quite 'with it', in my head I have loads of things I need to do, I used to be constantly on the go, busy and got up early with lots of energy and now in my body I feel like I have had no sleep and just run a marathon. My mood in general is fine, my diet is healthy, etc anyone got any experience of ideas of what else it could be. I feel my daughter is suffering because I spend most the day just sat on the floor watching her play Instead of doing what I want to be doing like baby groups, walks to park, art activities etc.

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 10-Feb-14 17:44:56

Adrenal Fatigue, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

There are different "levels" of exhaustion that can affect sufferers.

Do you sleep ok at night? No apnea, snoring, teeth grinding?

newestbridearound Tue 11-Feb-14 12:34:08

I have chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E, your symptoms are identical to how mine were when they started. I felt so knackered all the time I could barely get out of bed, let alone do anything, and I felt like I was watching life through a bubble.
Ask your doctor for your blood test results to check how close you were to abnormal levels for things like thyroid as even if they are in the normal range they could still explain some things if you were borderline. Talk to them about the possibility of CFS as that is diagnosed by exclusion of other things. Are you having any other symptoms like digestive issues, headaches, pain? Have you been tested for coeliac disease?

maishoffwcingras Tue 11-Feb-14 15:41:08

Coffeemonster I am the same and my bloods and ECG have come back normal too. Having said that I haven't felt dizzy for a couple of weeks

senojeel Tue 11-Feb-14 15:55:28

Hi you sound like me about 3 years ago, do you also have crazy dreams and pain in your hips? I spent agesssssss feeliong 'not quite with it' in a permanent fug forgetting words and feeling generally 'foggy' and completely exhausted after being fobbed off it finally took a student doctor to diagnose a B12 vitamin deficency. I had three-four injections to bring it back up and wow :-) all of sudden I had energy I could remember things and I managed to sleep. Now I have to have one injection every twelve weeks and it's like liquid caffiene. Ask to get it checked your symptoms are so similar it's scary. Good luck hope it all goes OK

maishoffwcingras Tue 11-Feb-14 17:01:04

I'm going to get some b12 supplements from chemist see what happens

senojeel Tue 11-Feb-14 17:10:55

The B12 supplements may not work if you need the injection. They don't work on me because my liver doesn't process B12 properly it has to be injected into my bloodstream to maintain a healthy level. Some people just need the booster of 10 injections over the course of a few weeks and they are right as rain for some (like me) it's a long term thing. Try it though, hopefully it'll work :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now