Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lumps in thighs, would like them removed..

(5 Posts)
buttonortwo Sun 09-Feb-14 19:00:34

I have lumps under my skin on my thighs, visibly noticeable, more than cellulite, one of them sometimes hurt to touch. I have been to docs before and they are harmless, can't remember the name for it, but because they are unsightly and I go swimming etc, I'd like them removed, to help with confidence.. Has anyone had this and had them removed? Just wondering what is involved... Tia

exexpat Sun 09-Feb-14 19:09:45

Lipoma? DH had one removed from his leg years ago, very minor operation, tiny scar. Only thing is you may not be able to get it done on the NHS as it would probably be seen as a cosmetic operation.

buttonortwo Sun 09-Feb-14 19:12:56

Yes I think you are right, I have quite a lot of them sad did he ever get more? I think I'll go to gp and ask

SamU2 Sun 09-Feb-14 20:58:34

I have hundreds of them all over my body.

It is genetic lipomas.

I am covered from the chest down to my feet. My back is smothered. They hurt when I lean against them. My brother got them at the same time as me. I get more all the time, got them 12 years ago and keep getting them, there isn't much of my body left without them but as they are harmless no one really cares.

The NHS will not remove them because it is cosmetic and I would be one big scar.

They can be related to cholesterol apparently. Mine is high at 5.9

SamU2 Sun 09-Feb-14 20:59:41

Sorry, below my chest. But my arms are getting covered now too.

Thankfully, you can only see some so I don't look as disfigured as I feel every time I wash or my husband touches me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now