Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood clot in my lung

(29 Posts)
lollipoppi Sun 09-Feb-14 11:21:06

Hi all, please help!

I was sent to the hospital yesterday by the out of hours doctors. Long story short they suspect I have a blood clot on my lung

They are treating me with daily injections on heprin (sp?) I have to inject myself today
An I have to go back in for a scan on Tuesday

Problem is I am in absolute agony today, a lot worse than yesterday, I've taken 2 paracetomol and 1 ibuprofen and it's took the edge off slightly but i can't even stand up straight or breath without pain
I sneezed earlier and almost collapsed with the pain

I have to look after my 2 children tomorrow on my own and I really don't know how I will manage confused

What can I take to take this pain away???

ThatFuckerFancyPuffin Sun 09-Feb-14 11:28:36

If the pain is worse I think you should go back today to A and E.

Cocolepew Sun 09-Feb-14 11:29:45

Phone an ambulance, I was rushed to hospital on thursday by my own dr with a suspected clot.

Misspixietrix Sun 09-Feb-14 11:32:11

I'm very suprised they sent you home actually! Echo others. Get back to the hospital.

lollipoppi Sun 09-Feb-14 11:37:17

Coco did you have one? What did they do?

Selks Sun 09-Feb-14 11:39:16

Get off here, sort child care and get an ambulance to A&E!! Now!

OrangeFizz99 Sun 09-Feb-14 11:43:45

I stayed in hospital for three weeks with my pe. I had multiple in both lungs though.

They gave me codeine for pain - it was brilliant.

You need something much stronger!

francull123 Sun 09-Feb-14 11:45:02

I'm a DVT sufferer my self and have a lot of knowledge on these conditions ! You need to go back to a&e immediately and insist on a scan they should never have sent you home in the first place ! Don't leave it go right away as you may need extra treatment ! Ulk be fine as long as you don't leave it ! Good luck let us know how you get on x

Cocolepew Sun 09-Feb-14 11:46:30

No I didnt I have Lupus Pleuritis, but my breathing and heart rate was really bad (probably because I had walked a bit).

You really need to go back to hospital to get checked out.

lollipoppi Sun 09-Feb-14 12:05:29

Ahh crap confused
Ok, DP has just called his mum and she is on her way up to look after the kids so he can take me
Will report back
Thank you

Misspixietrix Sun 09-Feb-14 12:19:29

All the best lolli they've been fobbing me off for weeksnow with something unrelated to yours. Put your foot down with them and let us know how you get on.

Cocolepew Sun 09-Feb-14 12:36:33

Good luck x

ThatFuckerFancyPuffin Sun 09-Feb-14 12:49:00

<Fingers crossed> for you

Hawkmoth Sun 09-Feb-14 12:51:28

Oh goodness, yes go back. If you have discharge papers it may be quicker to get back in using the contact details on them.

lollipoppi Sun 09-Feb-14 19:39:42

I'm back!

Just got home, pretty spaced out on codine and tramodol!
Mums taken the babies for the night so I can get some rest. Scan on Tuesday

SimLondon Sun 09-Feb-14 22:55:38

Why Tuesday and not Tomorrow?

Well done for going. I assume they know it's a clot and the scan on Tuesday is to see if your clot busting medication is working?

lollipoppi Mon 10-Feb-14 09:09:25

I've really no idea why it's Tuesday? I suppose like lady said it's to see if it's dispersing?

Has anybody had these injections before, I'm only asking because I'm itching all over, I had to get up at 3am to have a shower, I can't stop itching!

Feeling very lost without the children today!

Dilidali Mon 10-Feb-14 09:20:14

A&E now!!!! Are you on your own? Call an ambulance. Please.

OrangeFizz99 Mon 10-Feb-14 09:57:00

Which drug are you on? I have taken vast quantities of Innohep, clexane and Fragmin past and present and have never had itching before. Is there anything else it could be?

OddBoots Mon 10-Feb-14 09:59:40

Codine can cause itching.

You're not on your own today, are you?

lollipoppi Mon 10-Feb-14 10:40:54

I had codine at the hospital yesterday at 1pm but none since

I'm on tramadol 4 hourly, paracetomol and ibuprofen for the pain
Doxycycline antibiotics
And the injections are called enoxaparin

My body's probably just wondering what the hell is going on as I've not had anything more than paracetomol for years!

I am on my own today

The doctor that saw me at the ambulatory care unit yesterday said she would call me today so I will mention it to her when she calls

crazykat Mon 10-Feb-14 10:41:25

Tramadol makes me itch if I have more than two doses per day.

I'd say a&e as it could be an allergic reaction.

Misspixietrix Mon 10-Feb-14 11:15:06

The itching sounds like an allergic reaction but please don't take my word for it I'm not a doc. A good friend of mine spent a week in Hospital so I'm just flabbergasted they keep sending you home! shock. Mind you I saw an old lady being booted out just as quickly as she came in at the weekend sad My DM can't take Tramadol. They gave it her after an operation about 10years ago and she ended up crashing on them. I do think you should keep making a nuisance of yourself though. My theory is if you don't they will keep being dismissive. Can you get through to your GP see what he recommends? N.b my DM is also on those injections OP and they don't make her itch.

ThatFuckerFancyPuffin Tue 11-Feb-14 19:17:02

Did you have your scan lolli?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now