Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wihich drink to avoid for diarhea

(7 Posts)
lilli30101968 Sun 09-Feb-14 10:26:27

Hello could you please let me know which drink I should avoid to give my 12 years son who is got diarhea he has gartroentiritis not vomiting any more but diarhea still on I am giving him Imodium for that slow a bit but still . thanks

Umbongolongo Sun 09-Feb-14 11:42:11

I didn't think you were supposed to give immodium for gastroenteritis? As the bacteria needs to leave the body? I might be wrong though.

Pint of water, 5 tea spoons of sugar, half a tea spoon of salt. some cordial to flavour it. Replaces sugars/ salts lost. or if you want to buy sachets, dioryltyte is available from boots.

poopooheadwillyfatface Sun 09-Feb-14 11:46:18

Avoid high sugar drinks like lucozade and coke.

dioralyte is the best thing. agree imodium not wise, his body is flushing the bug out so just wait for it to pass

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 09-Feb-14 11:53:59

Don't give milk either. I'd stick to water or dirolyte. That water with a little sugar and salt is a good idea too.

lilli30101968 Sun 09-Feb-14 14:46:24

Thanks guys really appreciate your answer .
I know that even the hospital do not give him any drugs but either the GP thats why he did vomit for 1 week did not eat anything and get very weak . What about Ribena they gave him that at the Hospital .

gingeroots Mon 10-Feb-14 09:19:53

I find this rehydration stuff much nicer than Dioralyte .
ors.uk.com/products/lemon/

available in most chemists ,tho not seen it in Boots .

lilli30101968 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:39:25

Thanks Gingeroots you can have it as tablets much easer for kids .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now