Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast lump...

(4 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Sat 08-Feb-14 18:28:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

honeybeeridiculous Sat 08-Feb-14 20:26:02

Not sure I'm much help but I've had 2 breast lumps removed, fibroadaenomas (sp?) which are benign lumps. I still have a largish lump in one of my breasts, and a couple of tiny ones, they've been scanned and the large one biopsied, they reckon its the same as the others so Iv left it there, I can't keeps having general anaesthetics to have lumps removed!
Try not to worry, good luck x

Auntierosemary Sat 08-Feb-14 20:35:29

Hi totally understand your worry but try not to feel anxious. I too have had several benign breast lumps. They can grow and change over years, but at the hospital they told me that nine out of ten breast lumps that are scanned turn out to be benign. And that is the ones that get scanned - not just all breast lumps, or all ones that a Gp checks out. So a lot fewer than one in ten are anything to worry about. Hope that reassures you!

craziedaisy Sat 08-Feb-14 22:53:05

Just add I was told by a consultant that breast pain is not a sign of anything sinister so please try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now