Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in arm and pins & needles in hand

(2 Posts)
embouchure Sat 08-Feb-14 08:00:57

My left arm & elbow are hurting, but not all the time. When I stretch my arm out I get pain, not agonising, along the top of my lower arm - it is ok when fully stretched, it is when nearly fully stretched that it is worse. My grip feels weak due to the pain - not the right word as it is bearable pain - it feels like I just don't have the strength. It hurts when I flex my hand up. It is ok when I flex it downwards. Plus, pretty constant pins & needles.

It has been going on for a few weeks now. Ibuprofen helps. I did whack my elbow on a door frame on New Year's Day, but this feels more muscular. At the time my elbow was very tender for a week.

AmIatwat Sat 08-Feb-14 13:37:39

Have you google Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. I get it sometimes, it sounds similar. Can you make a fist, pick things up like a pen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now