Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any dentists around? Wisdom teeth removal - icky!

(9 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Thu 06-Feb-14 16:10:30

I got my wisdom teeth out about a week ago, and while three of the holes are healing up nicely, one of them (the one where I needed about six extra shots of local anaesthetic hmm ) has had stinky yellow lumps coming out, and now white lumps and white goo. I'm still irrigating it and rinsing with Chlorhexidine, and I've been taking antibiotics. Do I need to call the dentist and be seen again (and spend more $$ hmm ), or will this pass on its own eventually?

Mrsmorton Thu 06-Feb-14 17:13:19

Are you in pain? If so see a dentist, if not, keep your hmm at home. I'm surer it will heal up fine.

BabCNesbitt Thu 06-Feb-14 17:19:37

No pain (or no worse than all the other ones), but it tastes a bit grim.

Mrsmorton Thu 06-Feb-14 17:47:54

It will, it's healing. It's only a week, you'd still have a scab if you had had surgery on a different part of your anatomy. Just keep it clean and next time ask them to not give you so much anaesthetic hmm

BabCNesbitt Thu 06-Feb-14 17:58:40

Thanks for the reassurance, MrsM. (I got all the extra injections because I could feel them drilling into that tooth!)

Mrsmorton Fri 07-Feb-14 01:39:10

So why the hmm ? Surely extra anaesthetic is a good thing...

ukatlast Fri 07-Feb-14 16:56:50

Surely MrsM it would have been better to have not felt any pain though by being adequately anaethetised in the first place. I expect it was quite traumatic for the OP hence her 'hmm'.

Mrsmorton Fri 07-Feb-14 17:51:35

Yes, the human body is uniform enough that once you've got one person numb, if you do the same for everyone then that will do. Not. FFS, this isn't car mechanics, it's the human body which is infinitely variable.

BabCNesbitt Fri 07-Feb-14 21:02:15

I added the hmm because it bloody hurt! And I'm posting on my phone and there's a limited range of smilies. Apologies if I appear to have slighted the good name of dentists everywhere. (Btw, just got back from the dentist - I have dry socket.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now