Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why do viruses always take residence in my chest?

(5 Posts)
Hedgehead Thu 06-Feb-14 13:03:18

If someone has a cold or flu and they give it to me (big assumption I know, but DH had flu last week and I have now developed something straight after) it always hits my chest. Colds have even got past the part of giving me a sniffly nose, they go straight to my chest where they stays for weeks giving me a dry cough which eventually brings up brown phlegm.

What is this?

MummyJemz Thu 06-Feb-14 14:19:41

Do you have asthma? My Mum is asthmatic and colds always go straight to her chest.

practicallyperfectornot Sun 09-Feb-14 23:14:54

Visit your GP you may need antibiotics, if it re-occuring your GP may be able to help.

Supermum222 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:08:15

I am the same. I am just getting over one infection now. It starts with a cold/sore throat and then chest infection (that makes me ill). I don't start to feel better until my immune system kicks in (several days later) and I start coughing up the green rubbish (sorry, tmi).
I am not asthmatic, never smoked but have always had a weakness with my chest. I used to have ventolin syrup as a child when I had an bug.

Supermum222 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:10:02

PS. I grew up with parents who smoked (mum smoked when she was pregnant). I blame them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now