Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vaginal surgery - what are my chances on the NHS?

(4 Posts)
lovingthelackofpressure Thu 06-Feb-14 10:37:50

After the birth of my 4 children I have been left with a flap of skin at the bottom of my vaginal opening. It often gets caught when I have sex an it tears a bit. This makes it sting when I pee and I have to leave it a long while before having sex again.

I finally went to the doctor today after 4 years and she saw the little tear in it and agreed it was not cosmetic but affecting my Life.

She said she will try and refer me to a gynaecologist but is not sure the NHS will do anything about this. I am worried that I am stuck with this for life. I'm 28 and would like to have sex more than a few times a month!!!! And not have trouble peeing afterwards.

Has anyone had any experience?

Matildathecat Thu 06-Feb-14 12:33:16

I suggest that when you get to see the gynae you really play up the soreness and medical aspect of this so they know it's very much impacting on your quality of life (as opposed to 'we can't shag very often).

Sound as though it would be a minor procedure though probably quite sore.

Good luck.

MissMilbanke Thu 06-Feb-14 12:35:54

the doctor said its not thats good isn't it ?

definitely stress the problems you are having. i see no reason why this couldn't be repaired on the nhs.

impatienttobemummy Thu 06-Feb-14 15:52:20

I have heard of lots of women who have has this surgery on other boards. It's getting the GP referral which is difficult once you see the specialist they should do whatever is necessary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now