Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nose blowing

(8 Posts)
AJBCC65 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:23:55

My 6 year old is completely unable to blow his nose to any effect - result being he gets full of catarrh and can't shift it?

Can anyone offer any advice please?

AJBCC65

DontWannaBeObamasElf Thu 06-Feb-14 08:55:06

Would saline nasal spray help?

cardamomginger Thu 06-Feb-14 08:59:09

I don't have any advice, I'm afraid. But I remember being exactly the same at his age. I was scared to blow my nose. Has he said why he won't?

absolutelygutted Thu 06-Feb-14 20:24:23

My DD is 7 and struggles with nose blowing. We use Otrivine children's nose drops when she has a heavy cold.they are fab and give her a much better night's sleep?

AJBCC65 Fri 07-Feb-14 01:56:44

Thanks for your response, no he just hates the sensation I think.

AJBCC65 Fri 07-Feb-14 01:57:36

Thank you - I shall be getting some ASAP..

Monty27 Fri 07-Feb-14 02:00:46

DS has always been the same and he's 18 now. I think they just don't like it. and I'm not keen on it myself but I do it in private

Blueuggboots Fri 07-Feb-14 02:44:27

My son stuck a play mobile coin up his nose, and rather than suffer the embarrassing of taking him to the GP or a&e, I just pressed one nostril and told him to blow it out.
So now, I just tell him to pretend he's got a coin up his nose when he's snotty. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now