Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any pharmacists, Nurses or Drs here? Diclofencac and paracetamol?

(11 Posts)
SadFreak Tue 04-Feb-14 22:12:22

I am under alot of stress at the mo and very very tired.

I am also in agony with jaw pain from bruxism.

I tool 2 paracetamol at around 7pm after my evening meal.

At 10pm I was getting ready to come upto bed and intended to take 1 50mg Dicolfenac Sodium tablet upto bed with me to take at 11pm (4 hours after paracetmol) if I was still awake and in pain.

Except the phone rang as I was getting the tablet and I got distracted and just took the dicolfenac at 10pm.

Will I be ok or have I overdosed? I have googled and generally it seems to be OK but wanted some other reassurance.

DoingTheSwanThing Tue 04-Feb-14 22:13:15

They're fine together smile

wonderpants Tue 04-Feb-14 22:13:26

Different group of drugs, and fine to take together if needed as they do different things!

Needadvice5 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:13:54

Hi that's fine, you can take paracetamol and diclofenac together, hope you feel better soon.....

mellojello Tue 04-Feb-14 22:14:18

You can take them together.

SadFreak Tue 04-Feb-14 22:18:36

Phew. Am in the house alone tonight and I was panicking.

I think this is a sign that I need to get some sleep soon.

Thank you.

HavantGuard Tue 04-Feb-14 22:20:11

Have you got a gum guard? A properly measured one is the ideal but even the mould in hot water sports type would give you some relief every other night.

SadFreak Tue 04-Feb-14 22:24:09

Yes I do - I am definately popping it in tonight - much as I hate the thing.

HavantGuard Tue 04-Feb-14 22:25:58

They're not up there with silk pyjamas and eye masks in terms of bedtime glamour but they're a lot more useful grin.

Hope you have a peaceful night.

starfishmummy Tue 04-Feb-14 22:37:05

I used to have to search for mine most mornings - at sometime in the night it would have been pulled out and thrown across the room.
I never had any recollection of doing it so guess that I must have been asleep at the time.

SadFreak Tue 04-Feb-14 23:26:28

They are vile things. Mine fits rather snugly so takes a bit of tugging to get it off in the morning.

The Diclofenac has helped. Not totally pain free but comfortable now. I was climbing the walls earlier.

I just cannot sleep now what with the wind and my worries going around in my head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now