Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

GPs - would you suggest further investigation with these symptoms or not?

(3 Posts)
TelephoneTree Tue 04-Feb-14 13:19:16

About 1-2 times a year I get a gurgly tummy, then horrible stomach cramps (stomach not bowel), tender bowel, bloating, extreme tiredness, sometimes a fever and the worst bit is feeling so faint and sick to the point that I can look after the kids. I usually empty my bowels but no diarrhoea.

I'm concerned at the frequency and also the fainty bit (vaso vagal response?). Is this normal?

No blood or anything and usually much better in 24 hrs and normal after 48 or so.

I have been assuming its always a bug as we have 3 young kids and lots of bugs around etc.

Otherwise fit and well, normal soft abdomen in between episodes.

Is this too frequent though? What would you suggest if I came in to your practice - further investigations?

thekingfisher Tue 04-Feb-14 13:22:30

how long does this episode last?

Is it preceded by a period of high stress, poor diet, extreme tiredness, dehydration or the like - only that my DH get this and has actually fainted. it seems his is bowel related but goes really weird - however only lasts for at most 1hour…

Alternatively could it be a stomach migraine - I get all those symptoms with my very occasional migraines I know that stomach migraines are not dissimilar and don't have to be associated with a headache or halo'ing

thekingfisher Tue 04-Feb-14 13:23:02

Sorry I'm not a dr btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now