Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Raised CA125 result, due a scan on 23rd, but not sure i can stand the pain any longer. If I go to a&e will they do tests there ??

(8 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 13-Jan-14 16:48:49

Thats what I think too Attila, especially as my periods are so so painful. If the scan shows nothing I will be asking for further investigation anyway.

Pain diary is a fab idea smile

Will be sure to let you all know what happens smile

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 13-Jan-14 13:23:18

Would suggest you keep a daily pain and symptom diary if you are not already doing so.

I still have my suspicions that endometriosis is the root cause (this can also cause raised CA125 readings to arise).

Bear in mind that the pelvic scan may not reveal much. Endo deposits if it is there are very small and are not noticed on a standard internal ultrasound scan.

Do keep us posted.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 13-Jan-14 12:23:48

Thanks guys.

Woke up this morning and the pain had almost gone hmm, as had the bloating. Didn't seem much point bothering the gp, as there was nothing to see.

It will be back though and I will definitely go when I've next got it.

23rd can't come quick enough. I just want to know what I am dealing with.

Rooners Mon 13-Jan-14 11:20:19

Oh Nutty how horrid. I'm sorry you're going through this.

I second ringing to speak to GP and asking for an urgent referral as the pain is too much.

If however they can't get you in any sooner, and you find it is too much to bear in the evening or night then I would not think it wrong to turn up to A&E.

I hope you get some respite soon xxx

maishoffwcingras Mon 13-Jan-14 10:58:56

Hi nutcracker, sorry to hear you're still suffering. Hope you got an appt for today

TheOriginalNutcracker Sun 12-Jan-14 23:12:33

Ok, thank you. I will try and get into the gp tomorrow.

Floralnomad Sun 12-Jan-14 23:09:23

You would be better off seeing your GP and getting him to send you in as an emergency ,that way you bypass A&E and get seen by the appropriate Dr . Explain to your GP that the pain has become intolerable .

TheOriginalNutcracker Sun 12-Jan-14 23:05:32

Have had abdominal pain, back pain, and bloating for a few mths now, and have also had a raised CA125 blood test result, of 71.

I am due to have a pelvic scan on 23rd, but thats well over a week away and i'm not sure i can cope anymore. I have been taking codiene, paracetamol and ibuprofen all day, and yet I am still in so much pain from the bloating and back pain. I look about 6mths pregnant and something is just not right.

If i go to a&e tomorrow, will they do tests there or will they make me wait until 23rd ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now