Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anemia does it cause shaking

(13 Posts)
addictedtolatte Fri 01-Nov-13 17:21:15

Hi I got diagnosed today with anemia my blood is at 6.5. This has eased my mind with my mysterious symptoms. But I forgot to mention to my doctor that I will have an episode of shaking about 3 hours a day. Does anyone have any experience if this? Thank you in advance

Mumraathenoisylion Fri 01-Nov-13 17:22:03

I shook a lot with anaemia, it was generally when I felt cold and tired. Is this how you feel?

addictedtolatte Fri 01-Nov-13 17:29:03

Thanks mumraa. Yes it usually happens when I've struggled through a whole day then tiredness takes over with shaking. I don't feel cold it's more like an adrenalin type of Shake if you know what I mean.

Mumraathenoisylion Fri 01-Nov-13 17:50:56

I always felt like I was running on adrenaline and when it gets that low the shaking happened. I would definitely say speak to your dr if you are worried.

Have you got some medication for your anaemia?

addictedtolatte Fri 01-Nov-13 20:52:22

Yes mumraa I have been given treatment today. Am not worried about the shaking I was just curious as to wether it could be a symptom of my anemia and it seems like it is. Am actually excited I've found out what is wrong with me and looking forward to getting back to normal :-)

Auntidote Fri 01-Nov-13 20:53:26

Going solely on your username, you could also try cutting down the caffeine.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Sameoldsadsaga Fri 01-Nov-13 21:01:21

6.5... Are you going to have a transfusion?
Shaking is not a feature of anaemia
What is the cause and what treatment is proposed?

lljkk Fri 01-Nov-13 21:04:01

how could you not mention to doctor 3 hours of shaking a day?
caffeine makes me shaky

WallyBantersJunkBox Fri 01-Nov-13 21:04:25

Shaking may be related to your adrenaline/cortisol imbalance. Do you shake from hunger op?

addictedtolatte Sat 02-Nov-13 20:40:11

Thanks for all your replies I went to bed early again so have only just seen them. Aunt I have cut down on my caffeine to give my iron absorption a better chance. Still shakey though

Sameold there not giving me a transfusion I am having iron injections then a merina coil fitted to stop heavy periods. I didn't realise having periods that heavy you can't leave the house for 2 days wasn't normal confused

Lijkk I know it sounds crazy I never mentioned the shaking to the doctor I just had that many symptoms I overlooked it. The shaking is something I kind of learnt to live with

Walleybanter I sometimes do shake when hungry!

Thanks for your kind advice am just looking forward to feeling normal smile

Sameoldsadsaga Sat 02-Nov-13 20:43:26

Ok disclaimer am not a GP nor obs and gynae trained, but under 8 we usually transfuse , and beware mirena can cause excess bleeding for the first three months or so, and have they suggested tranexamic acid

Leverette Sat 02-Nov-13 20:52:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rose94 Mon 16-May-16 11:53:47

so last year I was diagnosed with pernicious anemia, I was taken into hospital and they said that my haemoglobin levels were at 2 when they should of been around 12/13. They wanted to give me a blood transfusion but because of my age they wanted to avoid it. Over the last few days I have been experiencing a lot of shaking, Im not due for my regular injections until next month!

Ive taken my iron and folic acid tablets and nothing seems to be helping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now