Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rectal bleeding 7 months postpartum

(6 Posts)
onomatopoeia Sat 12-Oct-13 22:09:48

Ok, this is a little embarrassing....just went to the toilet before and noticed quite a bit of bright red blood coming from my back passage. No other symptoms, was a complete shock to me! Thought I'd started my period but definitely not coming from there....just wondered if anyone else has suddenly had this postpartum? I had bad constipation in late pregnancy so wouldn't be surprised if I had piles but would they be symptom free for all this time?! Really worried, going to GP Monday :-(

daisybel Sun 13-Oct-13 00:02:09

It's probably just piles but do get it checked out. I had a similar scare a couple of years ago, out of the blue, several months after giving birth with quite heavy bleeding. It frightened the life out of me because although I had previously had piles on and off since my first pregnancy I had experienced nothing like this before. It only happened once and doctor told me that blood mixed into a stool would be much more sinister than red blood on its own. Hope that helps.

gussiegrips Sun 13-Oct-13 00:08:54

It's late, so I thought I'd just post to say - bloody (seewhaddadidthur?) well done on making the appointment.

Probably a troublesome wee pile hiding up there, but, I'm glad you're showing your jacksie to a medic. <applause> And, congrats on the baby.

onomatopoeia Sun 13-Oct-13 11:11:56

Thanks for posting guys. Isn't it amazing what pregnancy and birth does to our bodies. Mine's been totally wrecked after having two. Good job I'm totally in love with them both!!! It's reassuring to know that other people have had this issue, it's not something any of my friends have ever mentioned lol wink well I have the enviable task of discussing it at the surgery tomorrow. I'll post back when I know more in case there's anyone else out there worried sick....

onomatopoeia Thu 31-Oct-13 11:11:02

Well I went to the docs and she did an internal examination (uncomfortable and a little embarrassing but not at all painful). Apparently they can't feel piles as they squidge when prodded...but she did say everything felt normal which was a relief. I'm going back in a month to update and we've agreed that if it happens again I may have a procedure done where a small camera is inserted to have a look. So far no more bleeding - fingers crossed the camera doesn't have to make an appearance ........ blush

mogontheblock Sat 15-Feb-14 11:30:37

Hi onomatopoeia I just wondered what was wrong/if you had the camera check? I'm in the same situ & worried sick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now