Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

19 year old student with full statements entitled to befifits or free dental care

(3 Posts)
Timeformeatlast Wed 09-Oct-13 16:36:37

Not sure if im in the right place, after some advice or direction really, I have a 19 year old whom has had a full Statement since early years, he is now at college doing a level 1 course, we do not receive any benefits, and our household income is approx £40,000 a year.. Does anyone know if he would be able to claim anything???

Matildathecat Wed 09-Oct-13 16:44:04

Have you checked this?

I also found the people on the benefit advice line vey helpful when I called re ESA.

As he is an adult I would assume that your income should not be counted, but may be wrong. Otherwise does he have a Social Worker or support to advise? Have friends who have claimed DLA for children and if you do fill in the forms you do have to paint a really bleak picture of your child's difficulties which is hard. CAB will help.

Good luck.

Timeformeatlast Wed 09-Oct-13 17:20:56

I shall try tomorrow, many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now