Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

white poo!

(5 Posts)
lucy1978 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:50:30

hi, can anyone give me some advice? my 14 month old son has been passing white creamy loose stools over the last few days! not sure why? his appetite is ok, but he has been a bit whingy the last couple of days but think that could be teething and not liking the hotter weather. has anyone else experianced this? should i see a doctor?

zubin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:51:28

Has he been drinking a lot of milk? My ds had the same problem and it turned out to be an increase in milk

peachyClair Tue 06-Jun-06 16:01:07

I'd get him checked over. IIRC white poo in inafnts is a sign of jaundice (well, creamy white which i presume is the same) I don't know about in toddlers, but personally I would want to be on the safer side.

lucy1978 Tue 06-Jun-06 16:07:42

hi zubin. not been drinking lots of milk but he does eat a lot of dairy products but no more than usual.

Olihan Tue 06-Jun-06 16:10:32

I'd take him to the docs. As far as I recall, pale stools are to do with the liver not functioning as well as it should. A quick visit to the GP should put your mind at rest at least.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: