Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bit of advice about Ds please

(16 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:12:48

Ds woke at 4am this morning saying he needed a wee. When i lifted him up he was roasting hot, so i gave him some calpol.

He was hot again this morning but not as hot as before. He seems fine in himself really, perhaps a bit quiter than normal.

He has had a bit of a runny bum but nothing else until this afternoon, he was watching tv and started saying his head hurts. I asked him where and he pointed to the back of his neck and won't put his head down to his chin.

He still seems quite chirpy though.

Should I be worried, or just leave him and see how he goes ??

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:17:42

bump

psychomum5 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:20:14

I would ring NHS direct if you are worried. they can at least say what you should do next. either that or ring and see if you can see a doctor.

psychomum5 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:20:46

How old is he?

puddle Tue 06-Jun-06 15:22:25

Guess you've checked for rashes? I would be a bit concerned re: the neck thing but if you've got no other symptoms...NHS direct are great for putting your mind at rest - my guess is they'll get a doc to call you back.

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:22:34

He is 3 and a half.

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:28:53

Have just asked him to shake his head and he can't without it hurting, asked him to nod his head and he said no it hurts and held his head/neck.

He is still warm but hasn't had calpol since this morning and isn't boiling hot.

No rashes that I can see but he's not very happy about me looking, he's gone a bit grumpy.

gigglinggoblin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:29:47

can you get emergency appt at dr? or ask dr receptionist, they may give advice. am sure its nothing but best to check

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:29:49

Checked on the NHS site and it says ring them.

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:30:53

I'll try gigglinggoblin, but might have more chance of a lotto win tbh.

If not i'll ring NHS direct.

He def has bad wind I can tell you that much.

gigglinggoblin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:32:48

our receptionist seems to know a fair bit and has squeezed us into appts that dont really exist before now when necessary. would calling hv be a silly suggestion?

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:34:12

Haven't got a HV, old one left a while ago and I never got told who replaced her.

Am just waiting for dp to get back and then we'll decide what to do.

gigglinggoblin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:37:19

hope he is better soon

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 15:38:45

Thanks

Have scared myself silly by googling meningitis symptoms now.

psychomum5 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:56:40

any joy yet with ringing anyone (NHS direct etc?)

nutcracker Tue 06-Jun-06 16:28:11

Haven't rung yet as since I gave him some calpol he has been running round the garden and up and down the slide like a little nutter.

Am going to see how he is in a bit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: