Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ear infection

(9 Posts)
zubin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:08:47

Have had an ear infection, finished a course of antibiotics and the pain has stopped, but a week later it's still bleeding etc and I can't hear a thing out of it - when should this stop it's a nightmare!

foxinsocks Tue 06-Jun-06 15:10:09

ooh sounds horrible - is it bleeding out of your ear (i.e. not the skin)?

I would go back to GP asap if I was you

psychomum5 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:10:59

ooh, poor you. not got advice i am afraid, but can send a virtual hug for the pain. i hate getting ear infections......the pain is absolutely horrid

zubin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:13:29

It is horrid, and it is definitely coming from the ear, I was in agony but now it only hurts briefly before it bleeds (sorry vile I know), but it is making me feel dizzy because I can only hear out of 1 ear - feeling v sorry for myself

foxinsocks Tue 06-Jun-06 15:14:38

def go back to the GP! They need to see where the blood is coming from - also if you can't hear, they need to see why. You poor poor thing.

psychomum5 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:15:04

Gonna second foxinsocks.....get to a doctor asap. sounds as tho the infection hasn't gone, and you may need some more anti-b's, as well as some ear drops.

foxinsocks Tue 06-Jun-06 15:17:38

just for your info, I once had a horrendous ear infection as a child and we had to fly back from abroad - my ear drum burst and loads of pus and blood came out and afterwards I was deaf. GP (things may have moved on since then!) said that the blood coming out was often a sign of a nasty middle ear infection - my hearing took a while to recover unfortunately (just had to wait for it to come back on its own).

Always best to get it looked at again though I would think!!

zubin Tue 06-Jun-06 15:27:45

Thanks, nice to get a bit of sympathy - dh is just rubbish! Will get another dr's appointment and try and get myself sorted

SoupDragon Tue 06-Jun-06 15:48:04

It took 2 lots of antibiotics over 3 weeks to shift the ear infection I had 18 months ago. I was deaf for weeks and weeks afterwards.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: