Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Novasure

(7 Posts)
karmaz Fri 12-Jul-13 10:47:14

Has anyone here had novasure done under local anesthetic ? Due to heavy periods I am down on the list to have this done in the next three months. When I read up about this I was under the impression that it was done under a general anesthetic. However at the hospital today told it was going to be done using a local anesthetic. The doctor went on about pain and pain relief and I am starting to worry. Had a hysteroscopy /D&C last year under GA last year and was expecting to be knocked out for novasure as well . Anyone had any experience of this ?

DotCottonsHairnet Fri 12-Jul-13 16:18:44

I had mine under heavy sedation and knew nothing of it.

Really wonderful procedure and 2 years on no periods at all and it looks like that I will never have another smile

karmaz Fri 12-Jul-13 16:46:37

Glad it worked out well for you DotCottonsHairnet. Hopefully I will have the same results. The doctor said nothing about sedation just a local anesthetic.....so that's the bit I am worrying about.

Jestrin Fri 12-Jul-13 22:25:10

I only know a little about Novasure because that is next on my list if the mirena doesn't help. I was under the impression that it works by removing the lining of the womb but it is only temporary as over time it will grow back.

Jestrin Fri 12-Jul-13 22:27:23

oops pressed too soon! I was told that they can do the novasure procedure twice, after that I would be considered was a hysterectomy. I don't know if that helps you OP? I'm hopeful that the mirena will help me for now but then the novasure may help if it doesn't.

LunaticFringe Fri 12-Jul-13 22:35:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

karmaz Sat 13-Jul-13 00:47:31

I asked if it was a spinal block epidural type thing but he said a local anesthetic to the area...so I am a bit confused and worried about any pain involved. Think I would rather have a GA. I ruled out a mirena when I read about the side effects, however they have tried to push me to have one on several occasions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now