Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Homeopathic cold sore remedy?

(5 Posts)
rubles Tue 06-Jun-06 08:55:36

Does anyone have any recommendations that have worked?
I have had nearly one a month over the passed 6 months and it doesn't help my love life! I use Aciclovir once they are here, but they still hang around for about 10 days. It seems sunlight is a big factor as well as my period or stress.

rubles Tue 06-Jun-06 12:33:38

bump

CountessDracula Tue 06-Jun-06 12:38:22

Oooh yes I have the answer

Take L-Lysine you can buy in any health food shop

DH and SIL both used to get them, I found this on teh internet and neither of them has had a cold sore in 2 years (used to be monthly)

it is a miracle

WigWamBam Tue 06-Jun-06 12:40:51

Someone I once knew swore by fenugreek - he made it up into a paste which he put onto the cold sore at bedtime and left on overnight. He swears that in the morning, you break off the fenugreek and it takes the cold sore off with it.

ruty Tue 06-Jun-06 12:50:51

i have heard excellent things about Lysine too. Solgar do a good one. It is just an amino acid so it is safe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: