Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Whiplash...ouch!

(4 Posts)
boxoftricks Thu 11-Jul-13 21:56:52

Got shunted from behind on Friday last week, neck and shoulder went stiff Saturday/ Sunday, went to the doctors on Monday and got given diazepam, tramadol and diclofenac. So I've been nice an woozy the past couple of days, neck relaxed a bit, less painful. Shoulder blade still hurting and bruising on chest.
But by God, the tramadol is making me ITCHY. Itchy like crazy. Like I've got fleas.
Any ideas or do I just have to suck it up? I stopped the tramadol this morning, and the pain continued, rang the doctor who said to still take them for a few more days at least to give my shoulder a chance.
But it's itchy all over!

kukeslala Thu 11-Jul-13 23:33:15

Would an anti histamine help, taken alongside if allowed?
Hope you OK soon.
If pain continues chiropractic treatment helped me.

boxoftricks Fri 12-Jul-13 00:36:06

I've taken one already, along with a nose spray as I have hay fever. sad
I've got a physio appt booked for next Wednesday. Interested in chiropractor or osteopath. But could remember being told one is a bit woo and couldn't remember which. What do they do?

kukeslala Fri 12-Jul-13 18:30:16

In basic terms, use their hands to treat disorders of the bones, muscles and joints, normally using manipulation (clicking things etc).
Had physio and it didn't work for me.
A Dr said years after the accident try it you have nothing to loose, luckily it worked for me, cleared all ongoing symptoms to go completely or drastically reduce.
Hope your feeling better today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now