Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've had a month of dizziness now (Labrynthitis.) Feeling very sorry for myself.

(6 Posts)
PMTIsMe Wed 10-Jul-13 10:13:51

That's about it really sad I've got labrynthitis and its clearly here for the long haul. All this lovely weather and I'm too wobbly and poorly to go out. And the summer holidays are looming. Me and the DCs will end up throttling each other if we are stuck in for the summer.

So, has anyone found anything at all that helps? I have meds but they haven't touched the dizziness. Anyone tried physio? Cutting out certain foods? Supplements? Any advice at all of what may have helped you would be great since I'm slowly going bonkers here, stuck in all the time.

toldmywrath Thu 11-Jul-13 20:34:36

Oh this is an awful illness. Have you got Serc or Buccastem (for the sickness)My GP had to inject an anti nausea drug which helped-a home visit (as I was not able to move at all) I didn't have it for more than a few days, though I get the occasional bout of needing to hold onto something if I'm standing still.
I've heard about a manipulation that can reset the balance in your ear-perhaps ask your GP about that?
Good luck-it's horrible.

millymae Thu 11-Jul-13 22:18:19

Exercises may help. I had labyrinthitis several years ago which didn't fully resolve and in the end my GP referred me to an ENT surgeon. He did lots of investigations to rule out anything sinister and then presented me with a sheet of exercises to do.
I did them as instructed and the problem cleared, never to return (touch wood). I haven't got the exercises anymore and can't remember what they were, but you could try googling and see what comes up. It may be worth having another word with your GP.

Hassled Thu 11-Jul-13 22:19:52

I had it for 2 weeks and was demonic - how you've coped for a month is beyond me. Have you seen the GP?

ExitPursuedByABear Thu 11-Jul-13 22:22:29

I remember hearing about exercises on R4 years ago. I had it but only mildly. Affected only when lying down and turning over.

theoriginalandbestrookie Thu 11-Jul-13 22:27:14

Labyrinthitis is horrible - I had it about 20 years ago and I still remember it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now