Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Haven't breastfed for nearly a year and suddenly my milks back?!

(6 Posts)
Lauren1981 Mon 08-Jul-13 19:24:47

So, I've had an interesting evening so far...

Basically I breastfed my daughter until she was 1. My milk dried up pretty quickly once I stopped and I haven't breastfed her for 8 months...

So tonight I noticed they were feeling heavy... that time of the month heavy (which is actually due in the next day or two) - and then i noticed I had leaked a bit, so I gave it a squeeze and sure enough out popped some milk?????

Erm - no idea why I'm suddenly producing milk again, has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas? Trip to the GP or don't panic???! shock

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 08-Jul-13 19:25:50

Trip to the GP. This can be the result of excess prolactin hormone being produced (and this can also interfere with ovulation). It can be treated with tablets.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 08-Jul-13 19:27:34

yes trip to GP without panicking.

Lauren1981 Mon 08-Jul-13 19:30:54

I've just googled it now - now I'm panicking!! sad
Glad I posted though otherwise I probably would have ignored it... Trip to the GP it is on Wednesday then. Thank you for replying x

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 08-Jul-13 20:02:28

They are a few reasons why, not all of them are worth panicking but they definitely need checking out. A friend of mine had that she is fine now.
Don't google.

kelda Mon 08-Jul-13 20:03:19

Could you be pregnant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now