Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

arrghhh dd has woken with strange rash itching madly, do I ????

(6 Posts)
melsy Mon 05-Jun-06 08:22:06

send her to nursury ? Im really not sure its fair if she has some lurgy , but she doesnt seem to be ill with it just very grumpy. Shes itching like mad and has broken the skin around the back of her neck. Im thinking Piriton , but not sure ? could just be heat rash or allergy to sun tan lotion yesterday, but Ive used it before with no reaction.

CADS Mon 05-Jun-06 08:29:14

I would keep her home. Our nursery would send ds home in this case. How old is she? Yes, prition. Do you have some calamine lotion? or give her a luke warm bath with soda bicarbonate.

FioFio Mon 05-Jun-06 08:30:41

Message deleted

melsy Mon 05-Jun-06 08:41:35

shes 2yrs, 9mths CADS . Ok Piriton it is , makes her dopey, so no chance of nursury on that. I do have calamine also. Will take her to pharmacy down the road , when Ive fully woken. ARRRRGGHHHHHH what a week, I have a really important meetings this wk at hospital for my pregnancy and now not sure if my mum will look after her.

melsy Mon 05-Jun-06 10:02:07

ok Piritoned up now , pharmacist says its more likely heat rash and may be not allergy to sun tan lotion. Just have to watch her today , think we may get dopey poor little thing. Ive lso put on calamine aqueous cream, hope that helps her with the itching , although not sure if thats right with heat rash , does it block pores and make it worse???

CADS Mon 05-Jun-06 10:59:21

Here you go:

http://www.medicinenet.com/heat_rash/article.htm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: