Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Prickly heat

(7 Posts)
mrsbang Sun 04-Jun-06 22:03:02

I've got a lovely prickly-heat rash on my forearms (one worse than the other) and it's itching like mad.

Any suggestions as to what I can use to clear it up please?

crazydazy Sun 04-Jun-06 22:03:32

Calamine lotion might help

chapsmum Sun 04-Jun-06 22:05:11

piriton if suitable

mrsbang Sun 04-Jun-06 22:09:33

Thanks. I've dabbed it with calamine for now and will get some piriton tomorrow.

Just noticed it's on one of my hands - never had it there before.

thirtysomething Sun 04-Jun-06 22:15:47

I read that taking one of the B vits and I think it was betacarotene can prevent prickly heat, so may be worth doing a bit of net-surfing for info....

mrsbang Tue 06-Jun-06 08:06:46

Thanks for that, will have to do a search.

sugarfree Tue 06-Jun-06 08:09:16

Really interested in what this thread comes up with.I get it terribly if I get sun on my back.Worse if I use sunblock,to the extent I wondered if I was allergic to them.Someone suggested that the thicker creams aggravate and suggested using a lighter spray on formula.Will try that this year.(also the Piriton)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: