Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

TMI but worried

(2 Posts)
TMIsorry Sun 04-Jun-06 13:06:32

Ive been taking Microgynon for the last 6 months, over the last 2 weeks ive had browny/purlpy/red discharge. Enough to stain underwear and to be there on the tissue. It doesnt smell offensive, but I am worried about what it could be. Tried googling but it wasnt much help.

I still have a weeks worth of pills to take before the 'break'

Any ideas please, am getting worried.

TIA xxx

FrannyandZooey Sun 04-Jun-06 13:11:05

Sounds to me like breakthrough bleeding, which could be a sign that you are not completely protected, contraceptive wise, this month.

Have you had a stomach upset? Been taking antibiotics? Or big doses of Vit C?

All things which can affect the absorption of the pill, there are probably others as well.

I would go to see your family planning clinic if you are worried, pref before starting a new packet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: