Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

7mo with yellow toes and knuckles on hand, also some creases

(4 Posts)
99redballoons Fri 02-Jun-06 14:46:58

Hi, noticed the last couple of days dd's toes have looked yellow. Also her knuckles on her hands and in some creases. The whites of her eyes are still white. She is caucasian, and has always had a 'mediteranian' type look about her (darker complexion than my v fair ds). Two friends came round today and also pointed it out. Rang NHS direct and I'm due to see the GP this afternoon. Nurse said she's not heard of jaundice coming on in later months, usually just from birth or first few weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be jaundice? What else could it be?

DD has been well in herself, eating well, normal poos etc etc. Just had last primary vax on wednesday (at 6.5 months, she's 7mo next week).

99redballoons Fri 02-Jun-06 17:19:23

Don't worry, just been to the docs and she think it might be diet. I've looked into it and found this . Sounds about right. Will leave out the carrots, squash, mango etc etc she's been eating.. pretty much an orange diet lately!! Doh!

MrsBadger Fri 02-Jun-06 17:22:44

saw the subject line and was about to quiz you on orange-veg eating and whites of eyes!

glad everything is ok

99redballoons Fri 02-Jun-06 19:19:32

me too. thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: