Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

chicken pox - should I be babysitting baby?

(5 Posts)
pecka Fri 02-Jun-06 08:57:00

DD has woken up with chicken pox today. I am supposed to be looking after my just turned 1 year old nephew all weekend, including sleeping over.

Should I be still doing this?

Also, I'm a childminder - should I be childminding next week?

PrettyCandles Fri 02-Jun-06 09:01:48

From the POV of another mum, I wouldn't want to expose a 1yo to chicken pox (I presume your dd will be present), but if you were minding my children older than about 2 or 3 I wouldn't particularly be bothered. Either way, I would certainly want to be consulted.

Chickenpox isn't generally a big deal, but sometimes children do get pretty poorly, and if your dd has it badly you might not be able to spare the attention that the mindees need.

grumpyfrumpy Fri 02-Jun-06 09:10:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jun-06 09:11:53

Yes, ring and tell the parents. some would be delighted for a nice close CP exposure, others won't.

cupcakes Fri 02-Jun-06 09:15:01

Definitely consult everyone. It really pisses me off when parents assume everyone wants their children to catch cp as soon as possible - they might have a holiday or wedding coming up which cp at this time could really screw up for them. And also it is dangerous for pg women if they are not immune (though most are).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: