Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ok so I don't want to argue about Arnica working or not, just when to take it!

(20 Posts)
Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 21:57:44

I know some people don't think it works, personally I swear by it, my kids don't spend half their life covered in bruises - but you do have to get it on fast.
Anyway, when I was pg I got some high strength tablets for afterwards - 200 I think (and enjoyed the fastest recovery time I have ever had )

So, my question is...
I have a large tub of tablets left over, when is it ok to use them (bearing in mind the strength),
who is it ok to use them on - ie me - dd1 (10) dd2 (8) dd3 (2)?
or is it best to just chuck them?

hunkermunker Thu 01-Jun-06 21:59:28

Who doesn't think it works? I'm not a believer in things like this usually, but having seen bruises on DS1's head fade the instant it goes on, I'm a believer!

I also took it after I had DS2 and recovered far faster than with DS1. Anecdotal though...not good enough for MN, I realise that

Don't know about the tablets though. Sorry!

Twiglett Thu 01-Jun-06 22:01:15

me, me, me hunker .. that's me

Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 22:01:41

HM I think the main reason for oposition is that there is only really anecdotal info available.

Thanks for the support though!

hunkermunker Thu 01-Jun-06 22:02:06

Ah.

I might've known.

Just googled and found this site about arnica which might make you change your mind.

Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 22:02:25

well I didn't want to name names Twig

Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 22:03:15

Hunker

pucca Thu 01-Jun-06 22:03:57

Sorry slightly off the subject, but where can you get the tablets from? having a planned c-section and i know alot of people on here swear by them to help with healing.

<<<sorry for hijack>>>>>>

hunkermunker Thu 01-Jun-06 22:07:41

Holland and Barrett and Boots do them.

hunkermunker Thu 01-Jun-06 22:08:02

Oh and Secur...

(why are you lurking?)

Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 22:17:46

I ordered tham from an internet company (risky lol)

Hunker, it makes it slightly harder to find my posts (I hope lol) I keep having posts here thrown up at me in court, to Cafcass etc so needed to change without losing all of my MN identity.

Tried to leave altogether but lasted about two days

Sorry MNTowers - you are just too good!

hunkermunker Thu 01-Jun-06 22:21:30

Oh, shit, shall I ask to have my post with your name in deleted?

Think I will.

hunkermunker Thu 01-Jun-06 22:22:23

Have just reported it.

Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 22:26:49

Oh hunker - don't worry too much, it is my problem - and if I cared all that much I would have more will power and stay away

Am trying to walk the line between protecting myself and still ahving a life - and as MN and my children are the only life I have I don't really want to give it up altogether!

Securlurking Thu 01-Jun-06 22:35:00

Just thought - should I change it to shhdontmentionmynameisSecur ?

Securlurking Fri 02-Jun-06 00:04:26

So do any of you have any ideas about my original questoin then?

Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 08:14:10

don't suppose I'm allowed to choose one of the options now am I lurky?

zippitippitoes Fri 02-Jun-06 08:40:56

I don't know about the strength of tablets but if you know you are going to have a physical trauma then start taking them before hand for maximum efficacy

Securlurking Fri 02-Jun-06 10:09:34

Twig, your opinion is just as valied as any one elses!

Securlurking Fri 02-Jun-06 10:10:50

that's waht I thought ZTTT I wondeed if they were any good at all or if it has to be in your system prior in order to do any good at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: