Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bony Bumps on back of head - anyone ever grown more than one?

(5 Posts)
Milliways Thu 01-Jun-06 21:39:58

I have had a marble sized bony lump on back of my head for several years. Had it Xrayed when it developed & just bone, no probs just can't rest it against back of bath etc (need a pillow).

Last night could feel a tiny new bump, which is actually 2 tiny pea sized lumps, a few inches from main bump.

Does anyone else have this? Am I going to grow lots of bumps? Better not get bald then!

busybusybee Thu 01-Jun-06 21:48:18

Is it a Dermoid???

DD has one above her eye - She is on the waiting list for it to be removed

Demoids are harmless but do get bigger - I dont know if more develop over time though - Try googling "demoid" my mum found some good links

Milliways Fri 02-Jun-06 19:57:51

Thanks - will have a look.

Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 19:59:19

does it move under the skin .. could it be a sebaceous cyst

Milliways Fri 02-Jun-06 20:18:19

No - rock solid so probably bone like the big one - except this time there are 2 tiny ones next to each other.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: