Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness and drop in blood pressure?

(10 Posts)
AngryFeet Wed 26-Jun-13 16:56:46

Went to the GP today as I have been having very dizzy spells every morning - proper room spinning when I wake up for about a minute than random lightheadedness throughout the day. He checked my blood pressure which was 113/68 - it is normally always 120/80. He didn't seem to think the drop was a problem and prescribed me something for the dizziness.

I am concerned after googling that it might be hypotension - am I worrying unnecessarily or should I go back and ask for some kind of referral?

HongkongDreamer Wed 26-Jun-13 17:21:07

Thats a normal blood pressure, anything under about 100 is low. Your bp changes all the times, depends on things like if uve had anything to eat or not either. Maybe u r anemic? Have u been eating normally?

Kasterborous Wed 26-Jun-13 17:33:03

That's a normal BP mine is often only about 90/55 and I'm fine, don't feel faint or anything. Hope you get to the bottom of why you feel dizzy.

HongkongDreamer Wed 26-Jun-13 17:43:19

Ask ur doc to take a blood test

AngryFeet Wed 26-Jun-13 18:05:09

I had blood tests a couple of weeks ago as my hair was falling out - that seems to have stopped now - and everything was fine. Maybe the dizziness is just an ear thing. I did injure my neck recently so maybe that has done something.

RubySparks Thu 27-Jun-13 22:48:16

Did blood tests check thyroid levels? That can be a reason for hair loss.

awaywego1 Thu 27-Jun-13 23:27:30

I've had similar recently-went to drs after fainting three times-once in a hospital and my blood pressure had dropped v low-bloods all fine-sent on my way-it seems to have stopped happening so much but am avoiding standing up still for long as that seems to be a trigger-gp had no other suggestions.

drmelons Thu 27-Jun-13 23:37:06

This may sound strange, friend of mine had very similar symptoms. Turned out o be a vitamin d deficiency!

AngryFeet Fri 28-Jun-13 00:43:32

Yes thyroid levels were checked and fine.

So in your professional opinion drmelons is it correct that you think I need a holiday somewhere hot and sunny? Can I get that on prescription? grin

Thanks I will see if vit d can be found in foods since there appears to be a lack of it sunshine wise in the uk.

digerd Fri 28-Jun-13 09:56:27

Low BP if that is your normal with no dizziness is considered a very healthy and fit sign. My sil was told she had a marvellous cardio-vascular system as she had low BP and no dizziness - her arteries were as supple as a young person's.

However , also know of a girl who would faint in the street due to low BP, but Docs said there was no medication to higher the BP, could recommend only taking more salt in the diet and take more exercise to raiser it.

My DM had vertigo diagnosed when she had regular dizzy spells and was prescribed antihistamines which worked for her. Her BP was normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now