Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

thumb sucker with sore thumb

(6 Posts)
jsmum Thu 01-Jun-06 19:15:52

DD (7 months) has a very red thumb which looks really sore. Can anyone suggest what I can put on it that is safe seeing as it will go straight into her mouth !

Feistybird Thu 01-Jun-06 19:16:37

When my DDs was really saw, I wrapped it in a plaster during the day.

Feistybird Thu 01-Jun-06 19:16:52

sore, not saw.....

LIZS Thu 01-Jun-06 19:33:47

dd actually gnawed hers through the flesh and it got infected . Strapping it with adhesive strapping over antiseptic helped protect it and allowed it to heal. I was paranoid about her swallowing the strapping though and spent her fist birthday worrying that she had swallowed it when it came off in the car. Needless to say I found it later . tbh if she isn't actually breaking the skin it is probably fine.

pesme Thu 01-Jun-06 19:41:34

i slapped lots of vaseline on dd's periodically when it was like this. i wouldn't use a plaster as she might choke.

jsmum Thu 01-Jun-06 21:41:34

Thanks - will try the vaseline first. I don't think its infected but she wouldn't really let me look properly !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: