Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

6 week old baby - throat sounds so sore!

(6 Posts)
KommandantColditz Wed 31-May-06 21:51:26

He doesn't have a temperature, and is feeding plenty, but it sounds so painful, he can hatdly make a sound!

Is there anythoing I can do to ease it?

lucykate Wed 31-May-06 21:53:50

does he use a dummy?, that can help as it keeps saliva moving around in the mouth and keep his throat moist

KommandantColditz Wed 31-May-06 21:55:10

He does, also UI have Radiohead's Creep playing over and over - it is settling him

mathilde Wed 31-May-06 22:32:45

Poor little mite. Its so sad when you think they might be poorly. I suggest lots of little feeds to keep his throat from getting too dry. My 3month old ds has his first cold at the moment and yesterday i just cuddled him most of the day. Think that really helped.

foxinsocks Wed 31-May-06 22:36:29

does his throat look sore (red?)

if it continues, might be worth swinging past the GP just to check all is ok (maybe at your 6 week check up?)

azroc Wed 31-May-06 22:42:15

Breastmilk and more breastmilk

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: