Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

oh no, not tontilitis AGAIN.....

(7 Posts)
poppiesinaline Wed 31-May-06 11:57:20

GROAN.... DS2 has tontilitis AGAIN!!!! He has been ill since Monday. Took him to Drs this morning and yup, he has a beautiful pus ridden throat Just waiting for the rest of us to get it ..... AGAIN!!!!!!

Just wanted to moan.........

CADS Wed 31-May-06 13:40:51

I send you all my sympathy, hope he gets better soon.

biglips Wed 31-May-06 13:42:06

poppies -how did u know he had them as im not sure if my DD had got them too

CADS Wed 31-May-06 13:46:51

My ds gets smelly breath, fever and when he lets me look down his throat, I can see the pus.

SSSandy Wed 31-May-06 13:58:48

been there all right but now (5) it is getting slightly better. Mine has very big tonsils apparently and a surgeon suggested having them made smaller (!) I wouldn't do that to dd though. If she is going to have an op, I think they should go completely. Hoping it won't be necessary.

BIG SYMPATHY poppies

poppiesinaline Wed 31-May-06 18:48:55

ah thanks. DS2 has perked up a little. Have a feeling the antibiotics have kicked in already (either that or he is completely high on calpol LOL) But my throat is feeling a bit scratchy and I ache and I feel very tired... groan groan.... oh no.....

biglips - I didnt know he had it until GP took a look down his throat (although had my suspicions - high temp that only came down a little if at all by calpol, off food, off milk and his breath smelt.) And he looked rough!!

biglips Thu 01-Jun-06 19:54:47

aaawwww poor little thing!!

well ive looked at my DD throat and hers not swollen so presumed she is ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: