Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

need a diagnosis for another stupid symptom

(6 Posts)
sansouci Tue 30-May-06 22:21:12

Can't go running off to gp again!

I'm gradually losing feeling in my left foot. It started with one toe & now (3 days later), it's numb (dull pins & needles) from toes to arch. Does anyone have any idea what this is, what causes it, will it go away, should I worry?

Thanks from MN's #1 worrier.

tortoise Tue 30-May-06 22:29:33

No idea but giving you a little bump!

kolakube Tue 30-May-06 22:33:09

Trapped nerve? Sounds like a GP job to me

juuule Tue 30-May-06 22:40:42

Now this might sound a little far-fetched but have you changed your shoes in the last 12m? The reason I'm asking this is that a few years ago I bought a 'named' make of shoe (can't remember which at the moment)and after some time of wearing them started to lose the feeling in my big toes!! Didn't connect it with the shoes until I started to wear sandals in the summer and started to get pins and needles in my big toes. Wondered about it. Wore the sandals and loose shoes but it took 18m-2y to get full feeling back in my toes.

sansouci Tue 30-May-06 22:45:47

Could be the shoes but only one foot is troubling me...

juuule Tue 30-May-06 22:52:44

Sometimes one foot is a slightly different size to the other. Maybe enough to make the difference?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: