Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

croup

(3 Posts)
catesmum Tue 30-May-06 18:57:43

took my dd2 to the drs yesterday because she was panting and wheezy he said it was croup and we were immediately admitted into hospital for steroids...she's now back home and breathing better but is still raspy..does anyone know if she should be completely better by now or whether it takes longer...should I take her back to drs?

Alipiggie Tue 30-May-06 19:09:07

Can take up to 48 hours to recover as it's basically laryngitis. My two are rather prone to it. Tend now when I hear the wheeze starting dose up with Calpol and then make sure they drink a honey, orange juice and warm water mix. Evenings are worst normally. Steam her in the bathroom if you can. Humidifer if you've got one for the bedroom. But if she's still wheezy tomorrow, take her back to the drs. She might need a dose of prednisolon. Hope this helps.

foxinsocks Tue 30-May-06 19:30:30

did he give you tips on dealing with it at home? (i.e. steam, cold night air, getting them up and giving them a drink etc.)

if you are at all worried about her breathing, then take her back to the GP/hospital

it normally lasts around 2-3 days

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: