Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump on forearm ?

(10 Posts)
Lonelybunny Mon 17-Jun-13 11:07:52

I have health anxiety really quite bad and don't really want to go to Gp if its silly. I have a lump on my forearm about the size of a pea but as if its been squashed flat.
The lump is movable and doesn't hurt. I seem to remember it started off as what felt like a spot so I used to keep playing with it but now it's just there. If I hold my arm straight it sticks out like a dome shape. A nurse one told me it could be a ganglion cyst but I thought they are just on joints ? I'm terrified it cancerous or something sad

digerd Mon 17-Jun-13 17:55:28

If it's movable, it is not cancer. All cysts are benign, but if it is worrying you and it gets bigger, see your GP. Don't feel you are wasting their time, you are notsmile

Lonelybunny Mon 17-Jun-13 21:36:33

Well at least I think it moves. sad

digerd Tue 18-Jun-13 06:43:48

Is it hard or spongy/sinewy? I think you should see your GP as you are worrying about it and he can put your mind at rest.

RoooneyMara Tue 18-Jun-13 07:03:22

Sounds like some kind of fatty lump. They are very very common smile

Do go and have your mind put at rest x

bigTillyMint Tue 18-Jun-13 07:14:57

Bunny, I think I have the exact same thing! It is on the "underside" of my forearm and moves a bit. I have had it for about 2 years and it has stayed the same size I think.

When I went to my GP she said it was almost definitely a fatty lump or something and did give me a referral for a scan, but I had to cancel the date and have never been back to get it scannedblush

EuroShaggleton Tue 18-Jun-13 07:27:35

Cyst or lipoma (fatty lump). It might go by itself or can be removed surgically, although a lot of GPs won't deal with anything purely cosmetic anymore.

lirael Tue 18-Jun-13 17:27:04

I have same thing too - on outside of forearm, moveable, has stayed the same size for years. Also have one on my thigh and two on my torso - in fact quite lumpy overall!

Lonelybunny Wed 19-Jun-13 11:14:50

Yea sounds like mine , it's not got any bigger but it's quite hard rather then spongy

digerd Wed 19-Jun-13 13:09:33

I had one on my waist which kept getting irritated by by waist band, Had it squeezed out, lasted about 20 minutes to get it all out < was rather ouchy>and was a creamy thick mass of stuff. Never came back .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now