Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What a nugget!

(4 Posts)
expatinscotland Tue 30-May-06 11:38:43

We're delaying DD2s vaccinations till she is 6 months - next month - and we've met met w/endless harrassment b/c of our decision.

I have put it in writing and sent the letter to the surgery, thinking it would be good CYA if they needed it - there, it's in writing w/parents' signatures, etc.

But nooooooo. The HV phones, twice. How come I always get her voicemail when I actually NEED her - which is never now?

Last night, the f*cking nuggest of a GP phones.

I said, 'Why is there such a delay getting Prevenar in?'

He said, 'What's Prevnar? What's that for?'

I almost hung up on him.

I said, 'How can you expect people to trust you with their child's life if you don't know what you're talking about?'

He had no response.

I'm seriously thinking of borrowing some money and taking the kid back to the US, where my sister's kids' paediatrician to innoculate.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust this nugget to treat a verruca on my foot, much less my baby!

expatinscotland Tue 30-May-06 11:41:16

Jessajam Tue 30-May-06 12:04:26

A nugget indeed. You'd hope he would at least have got the background on your case before he picked up the phone....

expatinscotland Tue 30-May-06 12:10:53

That would imply he has reading comprehension. A BIG assumption.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: